During the restricted phase teens can drive without
supervision, with some restrictions. The major restriction
is that they are prohibited from driving after drinking
ANY amount of alcohol.
Additional restrictions can include:
- Limitations on time of day that teen drivers can
- Requirements for seatbelt use;
- Limitations on the number of passengers;
- Limitations on where passengers can sit in the car;
- Limitations on the types of vehicles that can be
It is often much easier to get your license suspended
during the restricted phase. And often there are very
serious penalties for driving under the influence of
alcohol if you have a restricted license.